ALBANY, NY – Albany Barn and Chef’s Consortium will once again team up to present ‘Build Up: A Culinary Construction event to Raise Bread for The Barn.’ Proceeds from Build Up will benefit Albany Barn. Albany Barn and the Albany Housing Authority are redeveloping St. Joseph’s Academy, a vacant school building in the City of Albany’s Arbor Hill neighborhood, into 22 low-cost live-work apartments for artists and 15,000+ square feet of creative enterprise/programming space called “The Barn.” Significant funding for the The Barn has been secured & construction is expected to complete late 2013.
• Gourmet sliders and sandwiches made from fresh, local ingredients by top area chefs Rebecca Joyner, Michael Lapi, Nicole Cagan, and more.
• Regional wine, craft beer and spirit pairings by Harmony House Marketplace, Raven’s Head Brewing and Albany Distilling Company.
• “Build your own” slider contest! Guests will have the opportunity to create their own unique sandwich or slider from a buffet of local ingredients for a chance to win tickets to “FUSION,” Albany Barn’s annual fall fundraiser.
• Hard hat tours of St. Joseph’s Academy.
• “imPRESSive,” collected works by local print makers Chris Skaggs, Kristine Monahan & Audrey Hammond on display.
Build Up will be held at Stage 1, Albany Barn’s storefront art space, which is located one block from St. Joseph’s Academy at 46 North Swan Street, Albany.
Tickets for this event can be purchased online at buildup.albanybarn.org
WHAT: “Build Up” A Culinary Construction Event to Raise Bread for The Barn
DATE: Friday, June 28th
WHERE: Stage 1, 46-48 North Swan St., Albany, NY 12210
TIME: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Albany Barn is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to developing a permanent, sustainable creative arts incubator and community art center in Albany, NY. www.albanybarn.org